Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Bands calling it a day

I found the news that Milburn called it a day extremely sad.
As far as I know Milburn never made it to the US, I know they never made it to SXSW or Boston. A down to earth bunch of guys from Sheffield they made infectious indie pop that could sink into your brain and refuse to move.
Two albums that were never truly appreciated but remain stuck on play in my playlist.
Milburn - Cheshire Cat Smile

This came shortly after the rumour that Battle called it a day. Yes it is a a 'rumour' but the truth seems so very transparent behind it. Jason, I eagerly await your solo album.
I don't think I will ever stop appreciating the pop brilliance of Tendency, whose hooks make my heart soar and my feet twitch. Tim and Toby, thank you for signing this band and bringing them over to SXSW so we could see them. Double thanks for helping us get in to the Great Escape gig for our last ever chance to see them perform.
Battle - Tendency

No comments: