Tuesday, January 01, 2013

2012 in review

I am very late in this post.

As someone who blogs about music it seems obligatory to post what albums I loved in 2012. I would say this to anyone who releases an album in teh first few months of teh year most people lose track of albums released early in teh year. I personally try to keep track of what is released and I listen to to give myself a fighting chnce. That said
in 2012 some of my favorite albums included:

The Twilight Sad No one can Ever Know
Alt- J - an Awesome Wave
Blood Red Shoes - In Time to voices
Club Smith - appetite for Chivalry
Call the Doctor -
Dog Is Dead - All Our Favourite Stories
delerentos-Little Sparks
General Fiasco- Unfaithfully Yours
Egyptian Hip Hop-Good Don't Sleep
The Futureheads - Rant
Green Day's Trilogy was suprisingly fun uno , Dos, Tre!
mystery jets - Radlands
Maximo Park - the national Health

need I say that seeing Alt-J, The Twilight Sad at Great Scott were both amazing. seeing The Wombats again and catching up was fun too, then throw in the small road trip to see Bombay Bicycle Club there were some good points of this year. Not to forget when Johnny Foreigner eventually managed to make it to Boston about 5 years after we wanted them too.
Lets hope 2013 is better and does not live up to being a year of 13.

No comments: