Thursday, February 21, 2008

Liars, No Age at The Paradise Feb 8, 2008

I have been dragging my heels about writing up this gig because I feel I went to see a totally different set of two bands than all the other reviews that popped up.
No Age, one drummer one guitarist, started interesting but degenerated in mindless sameness. They created background music that failed to keep my attention and despite the buzz I didn't see anyone going crazy with musical delirium in the audience.
Liars again buzz, buzz. They have some interesting songs but again i found my mind wandering in boredom. The singer is freakishly tall and his back injury must be very painful when you look at his on stage behavior. As he stood you could see the stance of a person expecting large jolts of pain to arrive.
It was interesting and enjoyable but I will not be going to see either Liars or No Age again.

No comments: