Friday, May 29, 2009

John Peel, The Cribs, The gym

Reading the John Peel autobiography at the gym currently. It makes me smile, laugh silently and sometimes just want to cry that he is gone. I hope that he isn't looking down and cursing how the BBC is now destroying bands, I do hope he approves of Huw Stephens and Steve Lamacq who I see as our best replacements if such a thing could exist.
As a side note, is it good or bad to play The Cribs at the gym, you can hurt yourself but isn't that the point? (LOL!)
Secondary point listening to Mens Needs... I still find myself at the rawness and honesty of the changes that the Jarmans confess to in that album, I may be seeing meaning where there is none but then again I may just be listening.
If the rumoured wedding did happen I just hope Gary is happy now, they give so much pleasure to us who are we to not wish some back.

No comments: